Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I finally named my Kindle.

So I was thinking about what Nikki over at The Loaded Handbag said about using "Rose" rather than pink straight up when thinking of names for Kindle the Second, and I tucked the suggestion into the back of my mind. It sat there patiently, lying in wait like a tiger stalking its prey. We've been packing and saving and getting everything all ready for the move, so naming Kindle wasn't really a priority.

But then this morning, I was minding my own business reading the screen play for Citizen Kane when I happened to look over at Choo Choo, who was rubbing herself on the carpet trying to get dry because I gave her a bath a few minutes before and she was still a little damp, when I saw Kindle sitting there on the bedside table.

BAM! The tiger suggestion pounced. I remembered the suggestion about working in "Rose."
BAM! A new thought bounced into my head, hot on the tiger's tail. Connection to Citizen Kane.

KABOOM! The greatest of the great idea is born! What better name for my Kindle than Rosebud????

Ah, the epic word that spiraled out the entire story of the amazing screen play/movie that I've loved since I first read it for Literary Criticism when I was fifteen years old. Feminine, awesome, and anybody with any taste would understand the reference, Rosebud is obviously perfect.

So....I hereby dub thee, "Rosebud." Thou shalt serve me well. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Rosebud! I also love that you were randomly sitting around reading Citizen Kane...? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it's your dying word, for God's sake, let them know you're talking about your Kindle. You don't need some faceless reporter digging around in your past like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Well chosen! May you and Rosebud enjoy many hours of literary enjoyment together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki: When you read it instead of watching it, and you read the stage directions and everything, it puts the whole story into a different perspective and you appreciate the movie that much more.

    Nuclearheadache: They wouldn't have to dig very far, would they? The answer is right here in my blog. Any responsible reporter would check my blog. Then again...responsible journalism is getting rarer and rarer by the day...

    Candice: Oh, we will. I wish I could buy "The Pianist" by Wladyslaw Szpilman for Rosebud. But alas, it is not available...

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog