Friday, December 31, 2010

When I say hypothetical I usually mean it happened and it's too late to stop me.

Padawan is now Available.

Chanel: Can I ask you a hypothetical question?

Padwan: What?

Chanel: Hypothetically, what would you say if I was walking to work this morning, minding my own business, when I heard this sad, pathetic little sound in the bushes by the sidewalk in front of Target.
And then I stopped to investigate the sound.
And I found this totally cute, adorable, helpless little kitten with his eyes still closed and no mommy around to take care of him...
So I picked him up and took him to work with me and fed him warmed up milk from the employee kitchen.
And then I decided to name him "Beelzebub" or maybe "Figgy Toe Socks" because I was stuck between choosing one of the two names...
And I brought him home.
What would you say?

Padawan: You adopted a cat?!?!

Chanel: Hypothetically. What would you say?
Would you make me send him away?
Would you be angry?
Would you?

Padawan: Gah! Chanel, did you adopt a kitten?

Chanel: Would you be mad?

Padawan: Yes...

Chanel: It's a good thing Sarah wanted a kitty.
But I just couldn't leave him there!
He was helpless and couldn't even see!
And next time I'm bringing him home! It was just luck that Sarah happened to want a kitty! 

Ten minutes later...

Padawan: So...could you send me a picture of the kitten?

Chanel: No, Ed already came and took him back to his and Sarah's house.
He's gone.
But he was really cute.
He was a tuxedo cat with little white sockies on his feet and a white tip on his tale.
His eyes were closed so I don't know what color they were, but I bet they were pretty.
Next time, can I bring the kitty home if I find one?

Padawan: We really don't need a kitten, Chanel. We have a dog.

Chanel: But if it's helpless and alone it would be cruel to leave it to die!

Padawan: If it was a human baby you would leave it there.

Chanel: That's not true! If it was a human baby I would take it to work and call 911.
You don't have to call 911 with kitties! You can just take them home!
If I find another one I'll take it home and if you hate it we can find it a good home!

Padawan: Chanel...

Chanel: It's wrong to let them starve and die!
Wrong!


Padawan: Fine...but if you really wanted to spend another $400 in pet deposits could you just use the money to fix my computer instead of getting a cat?


So was the Yahoo conversation I had with Padawan shortly after arriving at work this morning.

Oh, yeah. Last night we were babysitting Little Brother and he accidentally knocked a glass of water over onto Padawan's brand new Asus laptop and it died a sad, tragic little death.

I thought maybe a kitten would make Padawan feel better. There is hope for the future!

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh...those little kitties are SOOO irresistible! I'm glad you were able to find it a good home, and I agree it would be VERY wrong to just leave it there to die in the cold. You made the right choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I could have just turned around and taken it home because I was like twenty minutes early for work anyway, but I didn't need to.

    It's not the first time I've showed up at work with a baby animal, and it won't be the last time, either. I like to think I'm helping them. And maybe one day I'll find one that Padawan likes and we can keep him.

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog