I really must be Award Season on Blogger because I've just received an award from Rebecca over at Randomness That Is Life. And it's one I've never been given before and it's got sunflowers. For those of you who don't know, my favorite flowers are as follows:
1. Belladonna and Daffodils
3. Yellow Lilies
3. Yellow Lilies
I love yellow flowers (and Belladonna is a beautiful purple color that I adore. Don't judge. I don't love it because it's highly toxic) and anything with a sunflower on it is A-OK with me.
I'm not really sure what the criteria is for this award. It's not a "you've done this!" award, or "your blog looks like this!" award. (Speaking of blog looks, isn't it about time I do another blog makeover?) But it still has rules, so I guess that makes it an award.
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
- Post seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers.
I already did the first one.
Seven Random Facts...
1. My favorite flower is tied between Belladonna and Daffodils, but Padawan can never get me a bouquet of those flowers because no florist in his/her right mind carries Belladonna. So when I want a big, beautiful bouquet I get all of my favorite yellow flowers and then purple irises, too, because the purple pops with the yellow and it's also the closest I can get to the Belladonna color.
2. I will have my first Yoga class on Monday. I know, right? I'm actually doing it. I'm not going alone. My new gal pal Jazz is going with me because who wants to do yoga alone? Plus we get the entire month of May free and if we don't like it we can just quit.
3. I was out of clean jeans the other day (I was protesting the entire system of laundry because I was very angry with my washer) and consequently had nothing to wear but miniskirts or shorts. Given that the only kind of underwear I had left at the time were...not the kind you should EVER wear under a miniskirt, my only option was the shorts. I've only ever worn shorts to work once before in December (it was eighty degrees outside! I wasn't crazy!) so it's pretty unusual for me. I felt uncomfortable the whole time. Technically they are the same length as my miniskirts, but I feel so exposed wearing shorts.
4. My cousin Peace Maker is coming up to visit this week, coming all the way from Jacksonville, Florida. It's been just over two years since we last saw each other. (A couple of years ago Relly, Padawan, and I drove up to Virginia to visit Daddy and his wife and Peace Maker flew up from Jax to visit all of us at the same time.) Last time we weren't all legal to go anywhere fun together (Peace Maker and I were both 20 and Relly was 21 and Padawan was 22) so she wants to make up for it this time. She's done her research on Austin and has decided she wants to hit Sixth Street for Cinco de Mayo. God help the poor bastards out on the town that night...
5. I seriously think I was born in the wrong century.
6. I actually used to hate my eyes. I spent every day from the age of twelve, when a boy in my class said it was creepy how my eyes changed color, until the age of nineteen despising them and wishing for normal, straight up green eyes. It actually wasn't until I was eighteen and finally got to make the decision myself to spend my money to get colored contacts that I learned to appreciate my eyes for the oddity that they are. I wore phony green contacts for just over a year and by the time my prescription was out I hated colored contacts more than anything on the planet. Do you know how awful it feels to have someone tell you how beautiful your eyes are when you're wearing colored contacts? It's not a real compliment. It sucks. And after a year of that, I threw out the last pair and started wearing normal, run of the mill, clear contacts.
7. I hate hamburgers. Actually, I hate ground beef. That stuff is freaking nasty, and the only thing I hate more than ground beef is a hot dog. This makes cookouts rather difficult for me because I don't generally like the food. And before you jump on me about being unAmerican or a Nazi: I prefer steak. And do you know what's IN a hot dog?
8. (BONUS FACT!) I'm still sad George went away, even if it IS temporary.
There. Seven facts about myself plus one.
Fifteen other bloggers?
You know what, I'm going to list all of the bloggers I follow regularly and then I'm going to cross out the ones who don't like awards in general and what is left gets the award. Also if your blog is for some reason deleted you get crossed out.
BUT, if your name is crossed out and you decide you WANT the award you can take it. But I'm not attaching links because I'm really just to lazy to make links for all sixteen blogs I regularly follow.
And that is all for now. Stay tuned on Monday for another "Things I Learned in my First Apartment" post, probably with video if I can get them to work.