I considered writing about Valentine's Day. I really, really did. But then I was like, "You know, all of these people probably aren't going to be interested in hearing about how I tortured boys with my cold indifference for twelves years of grade school." Plus I really don't like Valentine's Day.
And then I remembered that Jewels, bless her awesomeness, gave me an award and so I have to do that. It's been waiting to be passed on.
Yup. She gave me the Stylish Blogger Award. I don't know what that necessarily entails, but I've wanted this one for ever because I like the ways it looks. And like Valentines that I've saved from pre-school through high school, it's going to be saved forever and ever and treasured because it makes me feel special.
And everybody loves to feel special.
As is the way with these things, though, there are rules which I must obey. Well...I don't have to obey them. I mean, nothing will happen to me if I don't. But in the spirit of blogging and awards for blogging given by bloggers, I will acquiesce. But I'm doing it rebelliously with lots of sulking and pouting. Just so you know that.
1. Link back to the person that gave me the award.
2. Share seven things about myself.
3. Pass it on to ten new blogs that I'm following.
4. Tell them I gave them an award.
In the old days when I got an award I didn't really have enough blogs to issue the awards to, so I gave multiple awards to my favorite blogs. Well, I'm definitely following at least ten blogs now, so there will be no Triple Crown award and no Double Award.
I've already done the first rule, so on to the second. Seven things about myself...
1. I have three biological sisters and three step-sisters. I do not like my youngest step-sister at all. In fact, she's the main reason I don't go visit Daddy and Step-Mother more than once every couple of years. If that sounds horrible, I can't help it. There's no law that says you have to love your step-sisters. And I really don't like the middle one either. I like the oldest one sometimes, though she makes some really dumb choices.
2. There is a strawberry jelly filled donut sitting in front of me in a paper bag right now. I've had it since nine thirty this morning and I haven't eaten it yet. It smells really good and I want to eat it, but I am actually not hungry. There is a thought that says, "Oh, eat it. It's not going to hurt anything. It will be yummy and you will be happy and full of sweetness!" And then another thought says, "It's really disgusting when people eat when they aren't the slightest bit hungry. Eating just to eat is how you get fat." So I haven't eaten it. It's just sitting there taunting me.
3. I have twenty followers and I am madly in love with each and every one of you. Alright, maybe not madly in love, but I adore you all because it seems that you like me and there's nothing more enticing to me than being liked. Well, maybe you don't like ME exactly, but you at least like what I write, which is admittedly nothing really spectacular. Sometimes amusing, I guess, but nothing ground breaking.
4. This morning I asked Padawan how he would describe me to someone else. He said, "Cheerful. Headstrong. Beautiful." Most people would probably love the beautiful part best, but beautiful is a subjective description, and it's one that I don't need to hear. My favorite part of all of that was the first one: cheerful.
5. I have been known to read the occasional romance novel. I'm extremely picky about my romance novels, though. I won't read just any old smut that I happen across. I have a particular author that I read, and only a certain series involving a certain family. And I've never actually purchased a romance novel. I borrow them from a friend. Yes, Padawan knows, and yes, he finds it funny.
6. My favorite colors are yellow, blue, and pink. Not necessarily in that order. In fact, one day my favorite color could be yellow, the next blue, and then pink. It just depends on the mood I'm in and the kind of day I'm having.
7. This one is going to shock you guys. I registered to vote a couple of days ago. I know, I know. I hate politics, and I hate getting involved with them. But Chris Smith has finally done something so repulsive that I realized I couldn't expect anything to change if I didn't want to have a hand in it. So I'm reading up on all of the bills currently floating around, I'm reading various articles about them, and I wrote a long letter expressing my disgust, horror, and indignation over the whole affair of men telling victims that only certain kinds of rape count. Disgusting. Don't worry, though. I'm not voting for President. Not until they do away with the Electoral College and give us the Popular Vote.
There you go. Seven things about me.
Step three is to pass it on. Well...let's see...
To Ms. Jenna of http://facsteacherjenna.blogspot.com/, who has a shower curtain that likes to fall down.
To Scott of http://atypicalread.blogspot.com/, who sometimes makes me feel dumb, and sometimes makes me feel freaking brilliant when I understand everything he writes. Or most of it. I don't think I've ever read one of his entries and understood it all entirely in the first reading.
To the writer of Building Frustrations at http://profwienerton.blogspot.com/, who has a name I haven't discovered yet.
To Charlie at http://noticeyourworld.blogspot.com/, who doesn't tell scary stories because they are really scary and ruin camping trips. Not that I've been camping with him. I don't live in Utah, for one, and I don't camp in tents, for two. I believe in cabins with plumbing.
To Eric at http://zookah-eric.blogspot.com/ who made me laugh when he explained to me why Ash was a horrible Pokemon master which ultimately sparked my following. No, I didn't find him on blogger. I actually Stumbled Upon him.
To Joseph at http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/ who always makes me think.
To George over at http://timeisaidsomething.blogspot.com/ because he's funny and apparently works with someone who believes she is a Nordic Princess who he really needs to set straight about her inflated ego. (By the way, George, you should tell her that all of my coworkers call me Princess and I never had to ask for it.)
To Hannah at http://erraticquestions.blogspot.com/ who was a follower and then she wasn't and then she was again. More importantly, she raises snakes which is both awesome and terrifying. Snakes. You know, those long things that move around really fast but don't have bones and some people use to make purses and shoes out of but I never would because they are fascinating alive, not dead.
And those are the newest blogs I'm following and I've still got two awards left over...so....
To Candice of http://candicesstories.blogspot.com/ because have you SEEN her new blog layout? I love it. Also, she makes me laugh. And she might have borrowed my ghost. She also has a husband who is funny. But he's not getting this award. She is. Because she rocks.
And to Bryan at http://nheadache.blogspot.com/ because as long as I've been following him I've never seen him give an award and I'm curious to see if he'll do it. Also because he really confused the heck out of me with Relativity before switching to Time Travel, which is fascinating and yet...just as confusing as Relativity sometimes.
This concludes my blog award giving. Now I don't normally bother telling people I gave them awards, but I'm just bored enough right now to do it. So excuse me while I go and inform all of these people that they've been Tagged.