I don't really feel like writing a whole post today so I'm just going to put down random things that could not by themselves be a post.
1) Little Brother has decided he doesn't want to be called Little Brother in my blog. It's babyish and undignified, according to him. Not in those exact words, of course, but that was his general point. He decided since Padawan is Star Wars related, he wants a Star Wars name, too. He picked, "Master Plo Koon," who is a Jedi Master in the cartoon series he watches. Apparently he's the best Jedi Master ever. Maybe even better than Yoda. So...Little Brother is hereby now referred to as Master Plo Koon.
I personally think he's an ugly Jedi, but this is what he wants.
2) Last night Padawan, Master Plo Koon, Choo Choo and I took a trip to Petco to have Choo Choo fitted for a training muzzle. Not to be cruel. It's for barking purposes. Ever since she picked up the bad barking habit for attention from Brat's over-sized mutt, it's become increasingly difficult to take Choo Choo out for walkies if other people are around. Adults and other dogs, I mean. Not children. Choo Choo does not bark at children. I don't know why. Anyway, she went nuts in the store but calmed down long enough for us to discover that the smallest muzzles in stock were still too big for her. We tried PetSmart, too, but their smallest was even bigger. She made friends with a Beagle while she was there. I wound up special ordering a small one online, and to make up for the unnecessary trip I bought her some rawhide chews and a toy monkey.
3) On the way to taking Master Plo Koon home he mentioned that he was in a Taks prep group with two girls from his class. I asked if they were pretty girls. He thought about it for a second and then made a face. The face is kind of like a face I would give someone if they shoved raw eel under my nose. Absolute disgust. And he said, "What? I'm in third grade!"
"So? When I was in third grade lots of boys had crushes on me."
"They have cooties!"
"No they don't. Don't you think your sister is pretty?"
"What? Yeah...I guess so."
"So what's different about thinking other girls are pretty? Pretty is pretty."
"I'm just a regular third grader who happens to like the Beatles."
Do I know what the point of his last comment was? Absolutely not. But apparently liking the Beatles excuses him from answering questions about which girls in his class are pretty. By the time that conversation ended, though, his face was bright red. My conclusion? He thinks at least one of those girls is pretty.
4) Master Plo Koon asked me if I wanted to play Simpson trivia. I said I didn't really care for the Simpsons, but he could ask me his questions.
"What was Lisa's first word?"
Padawan chimed in, "Da-da?"
"No! It was Bart!"
He seemed extremely pleased with his question so we praised his far superior knowledge of the show. It seemed really important to him and he basked in the glory of our compliments.
I don't know how I forgot that. I saw this episode.
5) The more and more I think about sticking Charlie Sheen and Kanye West in a room together, the more I think it's a good idea. But if I really had to choose only one to come out alive I'd have to pick Kanye. He may have a serious alcohol addiction but at least he doesn't brag about how great his drug addictions (if he has any) might make him.
6) If the muzzle training fails to break her newly developed barking habit, I'm going to have to pay $209 to a trainer for four hours of one on one lessons. That might be the better route to go with anyway. The training is guaranteed or I get my money back, and I'm pretty sure they make their money because the training sticks. Of course, my dog may just be untrainable.
This concludes my rambling for now.