Sunday, August 21, 2011

Don't be angry. I have a head injury. (It accounts for almost everything.)

Extended hours have kicked in, plus I'm working Sundays now. Which means my only day off until further notice (the end of Band Season) is Wednesdays. And of course, this Wednesday I have a doctor's appointment at eleven in the morning. So much for sleeping in.

Also, I'm suffering a head injury. It makes washing and brushing my hair a pain. Literally. 

I have to get ready for work, so I can't go into the details. Suffice it to say, however, that Padawan is the one directly responsible for my gaping head wound and the freak accident that created it, but I wasn't angry with him for it (because it was an accident) until he got mad at me for crying. (Apparently, it made him feel like a jerkface.) Granted, the whole party kind of stopped until we got my bleeding under control. (It was a birthday party.)

Speaking of birthdays....

My birthday is Friday. I will be working late, of course. And pouting about it.

But such is life. 

In the meantime, rest assured that as soon as I get my normal hours back, my normal days, and I am rested I will catch you up on the drowning, the bike experiences, the successful debarking of Choo Choo, and my latest head injury.

15 comments:

  1. Glad you are ok.

    My birthday is Friday too =) Hope yours ends up amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back soon. We miss you around. You have a cutting right to the point. We need that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, that should have been "...a way of cutting right to the point."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is not friendly. I have none, and it's not clamoring to be with me. So I understand the very limited time to write and read and generally be a good blogger. I don't have a head wound, though, so I feel compelled to write and read more today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellooooo!!! Waiting with baited breath over here!!!

    Seriously though, I understand. Oddly enough, just as you're coming out of your busiest time, I'll be coming IN-to mine. Yep, that's right. School starts up again tomorrow!

    Here's hoping for your poor noggin's speedy recovery!

    PS: STILL waiting with baited breath for the rest of your stories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to have to be a seriously long post once you come back. Hope the head is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MISS YOU! I also want to send you a care package for your head. I don't know what you'd put into a head injury care basket. Maybe chicken soup and head gauze. Or an assortment of hats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness cakes, girl. I never knew the life of a flautist was so spine chilling. (grin) Take care of yourself and get better and make sure you remind Padawan that it's all his fault. That is redeemable for many back rubs in the future. Take a deep breath and relax when you can. We'll be here waiting when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicki- I have a feeling that Chanel is one of those people who, like me, look totally awesome in hats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Happy Birthday! May it be filled with cake, joy, and NO injuries whatsoever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know I've been a bad blogger lately.

    I feel guilty. But my sentence is almost up! Normal hours and days are on their way back! I shall return!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Candice and Nicki. My birthday was full of flower deliveries (from Padawan), birthday cards and red velvet cheesecake (from work), birthday calls (from family), and one fabulous birthday dinner (from Padawan.) No bloodshed this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm glad to hear it was a good birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, I hope you are okay. :( And I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

    You have an award waiting for you on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog