Thursday, January 15, 2015

I am going back to school.

Hello, all!

I wonder how many of  you are still on here?

I have about two years' worth of blogs to catch up on. I have become lazy! So lazy!

Actually, not lazy. Just busy beyond all reasonable belief.




The big news of the day is: I am going back to school. Like this semester. As in, just a couple of days away at this point. For what? Why, to get a degree in....English!

Why English?

Well, why not English?

All jokes aside, I love English. I love reading and writing, and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if I could spend the rest of my life reading and get paid for it? I wish there was a job like that."


And then...

BAM.

It hit me like a Krispy Kreme truck full of Original Glaze Donuts. (Doughnuts?)

Editors get paid to read all day. In fact, they get paid to correct people and tell them what they are doing wrong!

Now, if ever there was a job for me, it's one in which I get to do a lot of reading and constructive criticizing!

The thing is, I've been doing this for years for free. I have friends who have me edit their papers, even Padawan and my older sister have used my help (and received A grade papers for my trouble). I even recently edited the scripting for a comic book a friend is creating. I mean, I could probably advertise my skills on Facebook just to edit papers, websites, and other things and make some extra money. People are incredibly lazy, and if I charged something like five dollars a paper, I think I'd do OK.

And since we now have a house of very own, I have an office where I would have plenty of space, peace, and quiet to work!

Oh, did I forget that part?

Padawan and I bought a house. With a big back yard and a huge oak tree in the front  yard and not an ugly patch of carpet in sight!

We also got...Ripley. Who is Ripley?


THAT is Ripley. We rescued him from Austin Boxer Rescue on August 31st. Actually, we signed all of the paperwork and paid everything and fell in love with him on August 30th, but we picked him up from his foster home on the 31st. He was my 26th birthday present from Padawan. 

He had Cherry Eye, which is why  his eye was red in this picture. It has been removed (courtesy of ABR) and his eyes are big and brown and pain free now. 


I also cut off all of my hair, as you might have noticed in this picture.

So that's a lot of news. In the last year I have: cut and changed my hair, bought a house, decided to go back to school, started studying for my driver's license, bought a house, rescued a dog....and...

Well, the last piece of news is not news yet. But it's also big and exciting. I just can't talk about it yet.

So, this is all for now, but I SINCERELY hope that I will be able to keep this blog up once again.

6 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP!!! I was just on this site a couple of days ago, wondering what had happened to you, and now HERE YOU ARE POSTING AGAIN!!! I seriously hope that you will be posting at least every now and then. You needn't feel as though you have to catch up on 2 years worth of posts from other people. That would be enough to drive anyone crazy! Just pick up from here, and we'll just be glad to see you!

    Back to school, huh? That is so freaking awesome! I am super proud of you and your awesomeness.

    New house? New hair? New dog? Yay! I'm thrilled for you all. Ripley looks like such a lovable guy. I'm glad he's found you!

    Okay, I'll stop rambling. For now. Good luck with this semester! I know you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, I have missed you beyond all reasonable belief! Every time I make your brownies, I think, "I wonder how Candice is doing? I should go back to my blog..." Yes, I still have your brownie recipe. It was the first recipe I made in our new kitchen. :)

    Thanks for your vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the world's best brownie recipe! I'm glad you're still putting it to good use. I've missed you! I'm so glad you're back!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah! It's been so long I forgot there was a reply option to the comments! Silly me.

      I should have e-mailed you to keep in touch. Bad me, I know. Should we add me to The List?

      Delete
    3. AAAAH! I forgot about The List! I love The List!

      No, you don't have to be added.

      This time.

      But next time you decide to disappear...Don't. :)

      Delete
    4. Very well. But I expect the same from you: don't you ever disappear on me, or I will never make your brownies again.

      Delete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog