Friday, September 17, 2010

This is something like an exercise log and a rant.

In the last few days I've been managing my calorie intake, though I hate being that girl, and I've been exercising up a storm.

I feel like my legs are going to fall off, and at this point I wouldn't mind if they did because then they'd stop aching. Seriously, when I walk around it's like watching those people who have been horseback riding for the first time and their legs are all stiff from it. I think this is like a punishment for never having stiff legs after horseback riding as a child.

But, I know that the only way to get my muscles used to the exercise to exercise them even though they're stiff. The point is that eventually I'll adjust and then I can just Cardio away without worrying about the stiff legs.

In a cheerful note, my legs were less stiff after I did a five minute, twenty five calorie burn session on the bike before I took my shower this morning. If I hadn't overslept (yet again) I would have given myself a thirty minute work out on the bike and ten minutes of kettle bell weights. (Don't worry, they're small weights used for Cardio and not muscle building. I know muscle building would be counterproductive since the goal is to lose weight, and muscle weighs more than fat so I'd be gaining weight with the muscle.)

Boyfriend and I are really trying to stick to the exercise and healthier diets to get us back to where we were. Boyfriend may have only gained three pounds from our lack of exercise and splurge on fast food, but he feels the fatigue and lethargy from the lack of nutrition, plus the mood down swings because our sudden lack of endorphins. (Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands. They just don't.)

I'm not going to lie: I did consider doing that strict body cleanse that you do for ten days with no food, only the lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper drink every time you feel hungry. And I'm not sure, but I think you can drink water, but nothing else. But I did some research and apparently it's a temporary weight loss and it's dangerous anyway because what you're drinking has no calories so your body is basically starving.

And as desperately as I want to lose weight, I'm not so desperate that I want to starve myself. Also, I wouldn't be able to exercise without calories, because calories are a measurement of energy. If I have no calories, I have no energy, and that....would make anything besides laying around impossible. Also, I'd probably get killer migraines from it. And I'd be short tempered.

So I'm just sticking to diet and exercise. And if at the end of the month I'm not back down to my old weight or lower and back to my proper size (or smaller *crosses fingers) then I'll look into getting a personal trainer. Or diet pills.

But I hate the idea of diet pills. I feel like people judge you when you buy diet pills. And I know that as soon as you stop taking them you gain weight, so it would probably be useless.

So I'll probably stick to the idea of a personal trainer as a back up.

In other news: a friend of mine is getting married in November, and she invited me to her bachelorette party. The plan, Jelly said, was to go camping in a cabin (my idea of camping) and to go hiking and just have good girl times. It sounded fun, so I agreed.

Only to find out from one of the other girls who was planning it with her that it wasn't as innocent as a slumber party in a cabin with a hike through the woods.

Apparently, Jelly is planning on bringing as many different drugs as she can get her hands on so she and her guests can get high to experience the ultimate communication with nature...while hiking naked through the woods of a popular lake area. Where there are probably lots of bugs and poison ivy and strange red neck hunters just waiting to find a gaggle of naked chicks to kidnap and make into their sexual slaves.

Now, I've made it pretty clear to Jelly in the past that I want absolutely nothing to do with drugs. I wouldn't even sit in the room with her if she pulled out her weed to smoke a joint. I'd actually just leave because I find it highly insulting that she'd made a guest feel uncomfortable with the smell and the fact that it's illegal and I had no desire to be around it in the first place. So if she invited me and neglected to tell me the plan about the drugs, she either assumed I'd be cool with it since she's getting married, or she just didn't care.

Also, Jelly knows me pretty well. I have always had severe body issues, and I would not be comfortable standing naked among a bunch of girls I didn't know. Hell, I don't even let Boyfriend see me naked with the lights on, I certainly don't want people I'm not intimate with to see me naked. And I'm DEFINITELY not comfortable with seeing a bunch of women I don't know standing around naked and high. Or just high, or just naked. I don't care. It's not for me. I don't even like seeing my own body naked, I don't want to see their bodies that way.

Unfortunately, I already called in my RSVP, so I'm going to feel really rude when I call to inform her that I won't be able to make it. I'm not going to be selfish and demand that she change the plans for the party for me. It's her celebration. I just don't want to take part in her idea of celebrating.

And I think she should have told me this. Because if the other girl hadn't mentioned it, I would have gone and been stuck there, miserable and uncomfortable, for three days with no cell phone service and no way out.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all, good for you keeping away from the whole drug scene. I'm just sorry that your friend is so involved in it. Hopefully she'll eventually find the desire to pull away from that lifestyle.

    Second of all, diet pills are rarely, if ever the answer. They tend to do more harm than good.

    Third, keep going towards your goal. You'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that she had gotten herself away from it all. That's why her boyfriend proposed: because she cleaned herself up. But I guess she just never lost the desire to party hard. Personally, I can't see the point. Where's the fun in having a party if you're going to be so messed up you won't even remember it?

    And I'm not all innocent. It would be pretty hard to be totally against something without experiencing it, so I did try weed once to see what all of the fuss was about. I felt really heavy and slow, nothing was funnier, and I didn't even get hungry, so I'm pretty sure people just make up the consequences of weed to make it seem more fun. Needless to say, "high" just wasn't for me.

    And I wish there was a magic pill I could take that would make me love exercise, because it's hard to make myself do it when the bed looks so warm and inviting...

    ReplyDelete

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog