Fun facts about Chanel:
1. I can and will hold a grudge when I feel I have been wronged.
2. I am not a pliable or easily controlled human being: not at 17 and certainly not at 25.
3. I am not inclined to be forgiving when I am repeatedly egged on in the same manner.
4. I dislike being called stuck up more than any other insult. It makes me want to scratch out your eyes when you say it.
5. I do not like people, even sisters who supposedly mean well, sticking their broken, crooked noses in my business.
6. I have, according to my coworkers, the patience of a fucking saint, but I do have a breaking point.
7. If you want my love and forgiveness, repeatedly calling me stuck up is not going to get you there: it take you the opposite way.
8. I do not consider sharing blood a reason for unconditional love: you may be a relative, but if you are a bad person, I will not love you. And nothing you say or do can prevail upon me to love you.
I consider myself a reasonable person. I consider myself an honest person. But most of all, I consider myself a human being, and as a human being I do not let anyone, man or woman or beast, walk all over me. I have pride and a sense of self worth that comes from who I am, where I came from, and who I mean to be.
You can sit there and insult me till kingdom come. You can tell me that I will wind up alone and unloved and abandoned, you can tell me that I am cold and selfish. You can say whatever the hell you want, but it will not change who I am or what I want.
You can say I am worthless as a woman, that's fine.
But you will never know all the things that I have done, all the things that I have seen. You will never know all that I have been. You will never know all I mean to be. And you can say those things and think you are saying something important, that your words carry weight, but they slide right by me because I mean to be so much more than what you think of me, and your words don't change that.
My name is Chanel, and I am myself. I love and accept myself for who I am.